Just checking.....

Ok, ok, I mean the cars and thats all I mean. If you have pics of your "Cars" out on the net somewhere, link the image of your "Car" here.

For those of you that don't have a place on the net to host your pics, contact our pic master Calimus at calimus@techography.net

Moderators: kamzcab86, CalAltaDubber

VWnoob
Perpetual Noob
Do you own a Cabriolet?: Yes

Just checking.....

Post by VWnoob »

Just checking cause you never know when one day..........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

LOL!
If you can't beat them, drop the top and pimp by 'em!

85 Mercedes 500SEL grey market euro
Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Calimus
Grand High PooBah
What year is your cabby?: 1989

Post by Calimus »

can't take any pics of the wifes still. It's down at the dealer getting a new tank. Should be ready to come back home Saturday if all goes well.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

It's down at the dealer getting a new tank
isn't that on recall?

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

sure is. So far we haven't had any problem getting VWoA to cover everything. which is odd, but I'm not looking no horses in the mouth.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
1lowcab
DropTop Pimp

Post by 1lowcab »

i think i need to do that to mine... sometimes i smell gas.

Bunch of GM crap
In need of a VW lol
kuklaki
Admin Type Person

Post by kuklaki »

1lowcab wrote:
It's down at the dealer getting a new tank
isn't that on recall?
I have to add my two cents here. Aside from the first dealership I called treating me like crap (which was expected because that dealership treats everyone like crap) this has been a very favorable experience for us.

After get shot down at the first dealership, I called the second dealership-who has a very good reputation-and was treated like a queen. They told me what to say to VWoA, explained everything to me in detail, and best of all, followed up with me by phone several times.

VWoA took my complaint about the first dealership, kept in contact with the second dealership, actually called me to advise me of the progress, and did not hesitate or prolong this matter. When the dealership that is doing the work advised VWoA that this did appear to be a recall issue, VWoA approved it right away. Here is the amazing part: because the original owner actually had the tank inspected back in 92, my car's recall was closed, meaning it was not supposed to be covered. They did it anyways 13 years after that fact.

So for as much flak as dealerships and VWoA get, they are ok in my book for treating me so well. Because of all of the followups and the way in which I was treated, I really would not have even been upset had they decided not to cover this and I had to pay for everything.

Coming from someone who normally has crappy luck, this turned out much better than I ever expected :wink:
2nd 89 Cabriolet 8v (Crabby Cabby)
01 Jetta GLX (bun warmer)
87 Scirocco 16v (TWINS!)
71 Karmann Ghia (air sucker)
03 New Beetle turbo S (black widow)
01 Suzuki SV650 (go nekkid)
VWnoob
Perpetual Noob

Post by VWnoob »

What recall is this?

Thats funny that LowCab would say that he smells gas, because all the time when I come to a stop light, I smell gas..
Is my 86 cabby's tank up for recall?

Does anyone have a link to details on the recall?

Thanks

Jim
sixsracing
Forum Niceguy
What year is your cabby?: 1991

Post by sixsracing »

ALLDATADIY.com will take you to a page and give you all the recalls for your car. This page will also give you the TSB titles for your car. For I think $14.95 a year they will give you all the TSB's and an online repair manual with labor times. It's a good service and I usually get it for all my cars.

Caution: some of the instructions for certain jobs are outa wack. Mostly high end European applications though.
91 Cabriolet, red w/white
86 Cabriolet white/white (oldest daughter)
97 Golf, black (youngest daughter)
98 Beetle, red
94 Cabrio, dark green (oldest son)
Cogito Ergo Zoom
bubster007

Post by bubster007 »

OK. I know that we are getting off the subject and BTW that is such a killer picture looking out the window to see if the car is still there. What is this about smelling gas and a recall . My Cabby runs great but anytime I start it up it is like a really raw gas smell left behind. I can start it in the garage with the door open and still smell raw gasoline in my garage that same evening. It is not leaking. It is the start up that smells. It smells anywhere, anytime it is started.
Now back to the picture...I still wake up in the middle of the night and go outside and just stand and look at my Cabby. I have always had show cars and some really exotic muscle cars all my life but the Cabby is the only one that makes me look out the window for no other reason than to see if she is still there.
92 Cabby Triple White...de Bubster
Calimus
Grand High PooBah

Post by Calimus »

Strong smell at start is typical of these older cars. Basicly, there is extra fuel dumped in at start and not all of it gets burned. An if the fuel mix is a littel right, it make the smell a little worse. If you had a leaking tank, you'd know it in a hurry like we did.
16' Challenger ScatPack
05' Yamaha FJR1300
02' Honda VTX 1800C
VWnoob
Perpetual Noob

Post by VWnoob »

bubster007 wrote:OK. I know that we are getting off the subject and BTW that is such a killer picture looking out the window to see if the car is still there. What is this about smelling gas and a recall . My Cabby runs great but anytime I start it up it is like a really raw gas smell left behind. I can start it in the garage with the door open and still smell raw gasoline in my garage that same evening. It is not leaking. It is the start up that smells. It smells anywhere, anytime it is started.
Now back to the picture...I still wake up in the middle of the night and go outside and just stand and look at my Cabby. I have always had show cars and some really exotic muscle cars all my life but the Cabby is the only one that makes me look out the window for no other reason than to see if she is still there.
Hey glad you liked the pic! I feel the same way, this is the only car that I actually look forward to waking and leaving work to drive. That pic wasnt planned, we had guests taking up all the parking the driveway so I parked it on the grass. I was sitting on the couch and looked outside and was inspired... 8) 8) 8)
You should post a pic of you and your ride in my other post!

Jim
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

Since I cant drive right now.... Especially Since I cant drive right now, I have the car parked right outside my window, and I check on it periodically at night, and in the morning to see if its still there.. damn thing is so quiet, cant tell when its running from inside the house!!
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"
theonlychuck

Post by theonlychuck »

quiet? damn, you can hear me pull up and that's with a stock exhaust (as far as i know anyway, haven't really checked it much).
-=(chuck)=-
BigDaddy90Cabby
Exploited Staff Member

Post by BigDaddy90Cabby »

my car is tooooooooooo quiet, want it a little, bit louder
Jimmy
1990 Cabby
Corpus Christi, TX

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigdaddyjimmyjam
"That's funny, I don't care who you are, that's funny!"